Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Dancin' in the Street

Ever since I was a little kid, I've loved to dance.  I tried ballet in first grade, but it wasn't for me.  But put me on a dance floor, and I can go all night.  One parishioner called me "the Electric Slide Pastor".  One of my favorite songs that I learned a church camp is "Lord of the Dance."

One of the newer additions to worship services in the Lutheran Church has been liturgical dance.  Done well, these interpretations of music and God's Word can be truly inspirational.
 Although I've never danced liturgically, I have often wanted to break out into dancing during a worship service. Our rather serious Lutheran worshippers aren't too keen on this type of display, however.  Still, most congregations that I've served know that I just can't keep still in worship.  Perhaps I ought to just let go and dance when I feel like it?
What better time to do this than at Easter?  My hope is to gather a big group of adults, youth and children to join in celebrating the Resurrection of Lord Jesus Christ and in witnessing to our joy in life in His name for Up To Faith Dance 2012.  Won't you join me and members of Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, Landisville, PA next April 8th?  Time and place will be announced.
In Celebration of the Lord of the Dance (and I mean the TRUE one, Jesus!)
Pastor JMe Lowden

Click here to learn more about Up To Faith and the Resurrection Dance.
Up To Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment