Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Journal Entry #1 - Mark 9:41

For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say onto you, he shall not lose his reward.
On entering church one Sunday morning before the service began, I happened to notice a young boy using a cup to get a drink from the water fountain.  “Did you get that cup of water for me?” I asked him jokingly.  He smiled and shook his head, “No,” and I continued on my way.  When I stopped to talk to another couple for a few minutes, I happened to notice this same young boy standing by my side.  As I looked down at him to acknowledge his presence, he gave a shy smile and reached out his hands.  He was holding another cup filled with cold water.  “Is that for me?” I asked.  He nodded his head, “Yes,” and continued on his way.
From Linda Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment